Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

cj1 web enable

15 posts in this topic

Hate to ask this before I read in the manual when I get back in the office tomorrow, but I just saw a post where someone was asking about resetting the password in order to access a cj1 through the web. Is the cj1 web enabled. Have been working on getting about 60 machines we have running in Thailand that use the AB slc505, and they are web enabled, so we are able to accesss them through the internet using internet explorer and pull in some basic info, was unaware you may be able to do this with a cj1 omron plc. We have quite a number of them running in a plant in Dominican Rep and actually go there next Monday to try and upload the programs and try to document the plc code (intergrator that did them for our sister company no longer in business, so as usual, no original source code), and if they can be web enabled would be great.

Hi, the CJ is is not web enabled, but there are some devices that make it possible to access the CJ1 with the programming software through the internet. We use the eWON (www.ewon.biz) at this moment. When using the ewon, you actualy don't need a ethernet port on it, the peripheral port is enough.

Hello kcor, You might want to take a look at Omrons ITNC Open Network Controller, which is an Ethernet gateway device that can be accessed via a web browser. Don't know a great deal about it myself, but it may give you what you want. Hope this helps Regards anonymous.

Is the ONC still available or actively promoted ? We have looked in to using the ONC for remote PLC acces through ethernet some 5 years ago but at that time the price was way too high. I thought it never really took off....

there is a way to connect with cx-programmer through internet to cj1 with ethernet unit no? i think there is some manual on this site, this topic was discussed before, just some routers needed and some simple settings in etn21 unit. regards. Edited by tashinz

Yes that's right Tashinz. At the internet router you connect to, you need to forward port 9600 (default) on the ETN card onto the local IP of the ETN card. That's all basically. Then you can connect from CXP to the internet router IP.

Hello PdL, As I said, I don't know a great deal about it, just know of it! Not sure if it is still available or not, couldn't find anything on the Omron (UK) website . Sorry that I can't be more informative. Regards anonymous

No worries, you are just trying to help as always. As it is not listed in the price list anymore as well I think they have put and end to it's short life As an alternative Omron is promoting the Ewon module now as OGS mentioned. I have seen a live demo and must say it's connectivity possibilities are endless.

Just had a look at the site - must say, it looks pretty impressive! Regards anonymous

Did you look at the Redlion Datastation plus.... I could have 4 different protocols over Ethernet ie FINS, Modbus TCP...Ethernet IP etc talking to various vendors equipment and have a RS232 & RS485 port for PLC comm;s, A USB port etc... http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachi...tationPlus.html (Looked at the EWON site... at first galnce i would reccomend the redlion over the ewon...Also isn;t it ironic that they are a schneider alliance partner when it was those crap heads (schneider) who had law suites etc out against other companies for this very technology a few years back...hence one of the reasons that Omron withdrew thw Web enabled interface)

Sleepy, thanks a lot for this suggestion to the Ewon The only drawback of the Ewon to me was that it's web SCADA capabilities are quite limited as the Datastation+ seems to be able to run a complete exisiting HMI application in either 640x480 or 320x240. Definitely going to check it out. I understand you have some live experience with it ? What have you used it for ?

I looked at it for a remote site...but that project was put on hold... (about a year ago now) ... i have looked at their newer version (bigger HMI) lately at a presentation and will visit the previuos project again... have played with the software (free download call Crimson 2.0) not to bad once you get the hang of it... put it this way, in setting up a AB PLC to talk to an Omron PLC it would take longer time to plug your cable into the unit.. I have a number of other applications i am looking at ... i know of them in remote pump stations and a pharmaceutical application... i heard of one guy using to be a converter to get 2 AB PLC,s to talk to each other because he said it was easier then going down an AB proprioty route... I found the comm's setup easier then ordering take away food...ask your local distrib for a loan pdl so that you can play around with it.. The price seems not bad as well..

I definitely want to have a play with it soon. Like you say the price is not bad, especially when you figure you get all the drivers and the webSCADA is included as well. I like the OPC option too. When I get back in a few weeks I will have a try with the Crimson software. There are 2 distributors overhere so we'll see which one can give a loan or at least come give a demo.

If you need basic information you can solve it by logging onto a memory card and uploading this over FTP whenever you need it. Other alternatives are letting the CJ send the info by e-mail or writing a simple program in CX-Lite to get the data you look for. I think for the second solution you would need a VPN connection to the LAN of the customer. The e-mail sollution is quite good since e-mails pass easily through firewalls.