Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Problem with CX-One - CX-Programmer

7 posts in this topic

Recently aquired CX-One.. installed on my lap top over and exiting previous version of CX=Programmer no problems... However, needed to install on my home computer which also had Version 5 CX-p, CX0Simulator 1.2 with 1.3 upgrade. Cx-protocol, Devicenet config and Finsgateway. ..... This is where the problem begins, through installing cx-one, give the option to uninstall various options etc...did this proceedeed with install finished ok, or so i thought... when i fired up cx-programmer i got the following message... see attached...i can pick a c200he but not any cj or cs..... Tried doing a repair....tried resinstalling twice, uninstalled via add remove programs all instances of the software Finsgateway included, tired only installing the cx-programmer part....2.5 hrs later still no fun.....i am at a lost, is there a way to some how remove all references to the offending software ? I will also attach the cx-server drivers that have been installed which seems to be correct... Any ideas ?

FGW 3.20 Remover @ MrPLC.com CX Server Remover Utility @ MrPLC.com Check the zip for technotes. No promises. CXS_Remover_2.3.0.zip

1. Remove progs by means of " Add/Remove programs". 2. Remove (Delete) all the remains of files by means of Windows Commander. 3. Run " Regedit ": a. Edit b. Find...( type the name of the program; ex.: CX-Programmer , FGW , ...) c. Delete ALL that keys. 4.Reinstall ONLY CX-One. I use this procedure successfully. Good luck!

Success ! I suspect that it was FGW (installed from ealier version of NS support software, but who knows?) Basically run Finsgateway Remover, Unistalled all CX-One and CX-Server and DMT CX-Server. Checked that all other cx-server files in System32 folder deleted, deleted AOSS Analogue Software, Ran CX-Remover, Run Regedit and deleted all references to Omron CX-Server, Programmer etc an only left NTSTv4.6, Syswin and Zen software ref's. these were found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Once all clean - rebooted system. I also found that i needed to execute a XP SP2 update. Once complete run CX-on install with only cx-prog install and success !!!! I am as happy as a pig in $hit ...... Thanks Jay for the tools.....

CX programmer 6.0.0.6 Patch CXP6006.ZIP

I already had SP2 installed. I was warned by an engineer at my corporate office that CX-ONE would remove all previous versions of the software. I began the CX-ONE install, I watched as all of the older revisions were deleted and the new ones install. I feel lucky as I have had NO issues using CX-Programmer 6.0 with any of my older files. I opened a file that I previously viewed in 3.0 and was amazed at what I saw with the new software. I spent 3 days last week working on a cut to length line with a CS1 and noticed that I moved around the program much easier and quicker. I likes my new toy.