Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pulsar2003

T flip-flop

9 posts in this topic

This is a copy or so of a topic I wrote on Modicon page. I need to modify a machine that we mass produce. For one it's reduce the wiring time and material coasts. We want to replace a timer in a circuit and have the programable relay to control the entire system. We'll be using one similar to a PICO Currently, there is a momentary push button Start/Stop that turns on a pump. It'll go for 30 minutes if it's not shutdown. And if the Start/Stop button is pressed again it will shut off the pump before the 30 minutes are over. I have no problems with the entire ladder. I tried to remember the logic of a flip-flop, I made a few attempts in a ladder logic but failed. To resume: On momentary button to start or stop a 30 minute timer. Any Ideas?

you are on a right track, just search forum or download section for "flip-flop"

Post what you have so far, which brand of relay?

Four Rungs of Ladder XIC I:0.0/0 XIO B3:0/1 BST XIO O:0.0/0 OTL B3:0/0 NXB XIC O:0.0/0 OTU B3:0/0 NXB OTL B3:0/1 BND XIO I:0.0/0 OTU B3:0/1 XIC B3:0/0 BST OTE O:0.0/0 NXB TON T4:0 1.0 1800 0 BND XIC T4:0/DN OTU B3:0/0 Will Work for micro 1000 probably adapt to PICO.

It is a Zelio from Schneider. Model: SR2 D101FU Six inputs and 4 outputs.

I found a forum with a flip-flop copied and pasted from RSLogix in ASCII. I copied and pasted it to my RSLogix. Next I renamed the inputs, outputs, markers and timer to match ZelioSoft 2. Next I simply created the ladder. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I double checked my own ladder and I didn't mess this one up. I also changed the types of times. Because this type of relay only allows only on set and reset per markers I only had to make an extra one. I'll I have to do now to help others is to find out how to get a copy of my screen shot. Thanks allot.

IIRC, this kind of programmable relay scans differently than a PLC does. It scans vertically, solving everything in column 1 of the entire ladder first, then returning to the top of the ladder and solving everything in column 2. Keep that in mind as you review your program.

Not at all, Modicon scans that way as does Control Microsystems PLC's (SCADAPacks).