Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

Fins Gateway - .net

16 posts in this topic

Hi, Long time no posts! (I have been busy commissioning a small plant with several Control-Logix PLC's and some Delta Motion Controllers - so am a little rusty ...) Just looking for a status quo update on Finsgateway. Is FGW2003 the latest version - does it support CJ2, what about USB ? Should we still look to develop using the .net class library with visual studio ? Windows Vista and Windows 7 support ... ? Thanks, Nibroc

Hi, Lastest version is now called SYSMAC Gateway and supports both FINS & CIP protocols for EthernetIP & CJ2 Read more here: http://www.omron-ap.com/product_info/Compolet/index.asp The .NET interface is still supported. Kind regards James.

Hopefully BobB will chime in, he's a real hands on FINS guru!

Sysmac Gateway is released. It includes both the CIP and FINS drivers. It does support CJ2 via FINS Ethernet, EIP, USB. USB also supported for CP1H / CP1L. It works on XP and Vista (both 32 bit), but not 64 bit editions. It also works on Server 2003. There is a new Active X Control for Sysmac Gateway called CX Compolet (.net only) that allows reading by tag name. Currently no OPC server to read by tag name. I can post more info, as well as screenshots, if requested. The biggest thing that Sysmac Gateway brings to the table in the EIP world is the ability to have the the PC (using Sysmac Gateway Event Memory) participate in the PLC Tag Datalink. This brings the data directly to the PC, and the applications can read directly from event memory using a FINS Gateway driver pointed at Net 0, Node 0, Unit 0.

Hi Guys, Everything and more (CJ2 + USB supported), CIP also ... Thanks for the update and link. This confirms viability for some concepts I am scheming up ... I felt Fins-Gateway was gathering a little dust ... Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

I have ordered a copy but do not have it yet. FINS Gateway 2003 is Vista compatablel also - just turn off UAC. Have several 2003 systems running really well on Vista with Citect 7.1. Serial (422) and Ethernet even.

Hi Bob, Hope all is well in Sydney!. Yes, I downloaded the document from here which described FGW2003 compatibility with Vista, so I had no immediate concerns. It looks as though Omron have brought the product fully up to date with CX-Gateway. Nibroc

Good to see you back Tim. Sydney is great, particularly the superb Clare Valley red that is going down right now. Trust all is well in the 'Land Of The Long White Cloud'. Shame about the test the other night. The old FINS Gateway may be gathering dust but by crickies it is still good. CX Gateway now? I understood it was Sysmac Gateway. Will find out no doubt when it finally arrives.

Sysmac Gateway is the correct name. FINS Gateway was the 'Gateway' into the world of 'FINS' (from Windows), when version 1.0 was released in Japan. Now that CIP, Toolbus, Sysway (Hostlink), Sysway CV (CV Mode Hostlink), and FINS (on Ethernet, Controller Link, Sysmac Link) are all supported, the name has been changed to 'Sysmac' Gateway. The 'Gateway' into the world of 'Sysmac'. Just my 2 cents.

Hi Bob, PMCR, Just been in Germany for three weeks - went to the Hanover Messe - didn't see Omron or AB! But still plenty of exhibits. I hope they update the documentation for CX-Gateway, perhaps create new 'Operation Manual', 'User Manual' and even a manual for the .net functionality. There used to be a Website for FINS Gateway, which is still operating but way out of date - perhaps update / remove / redirect this? Found the link the other day but can't spot it right now. Tim

http://www.plcsoft.ne.jp/soft/Eng/Default_E.shtml is the link - been out of date for some time - there were never any updates for FINS Gateway 2003.

From the MrPLC Omron FAQ: Where can I find information or updates for FINS Gateway ? FINS Gateway updates or patches can be found here. *note that Sysmac Gateway is soon to be the successor to FINS Gateway. Please contact your distributor for more information or have a look at the Omron ASIA website. For FINS gateway VISTA compability check out this technote at the download section. Thanks for the technote Bob

My copy of Sysmac Gateway arrived yesterday. I now have to find time to have a 'play'. It will not be this weekend, nor next for that matter. Oh well, it will just have to wait now.

Just installed it and had a really quick look. You can install Sysmac Gateway, FINS Gateway 2003 or both. FINS Gateway appears inside Sysmac Gateway as well as on is own. FINS Gateway 2003 looks the same, Sysmac Gateway really looks quite differentt. No time to explore now. There is still support for the old ISA Controllerr Link and Sysmac Link boards.Tthat is good I have systems out there with both. There is also still support the Sysmac board.

BobB The FGW side of Sysmac Gateway is mostly unchanged, with a few exceptions, mostly in the Ethernet unit. You can specify a different UDP port for the PLCs than for Sysmac Gateway (only supported by more recent ETN21 (1.3 and up??) and EIP21. In Combined or Table FINS to IP conversion, you can also individually specify the UDP port number for each PLC. This is useful if you are using port forwarding in a router to forward to multiple PLCs with different UDP port numbers. I have also been working with CX Complet through the CIP side of Sysmac Gateway, and reading/writing data from VB by Tag Name, not address. This is a nice feature if you are using CJ2. Let me know if you have any questions about the setup / operation of the CIP side of Sysmac Gateway. PMCR Edited by PMCR

Hello, Is the SYSMAC Gateway working with Proficy iFIX OMF (Ethernet) Driver also? Thanks.