Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdaniel

UPDATE CPU LIBRARY

8 posts in this topic

hi Friends how can i update my library software in step 7. i have a cpu 312 but in my library i only have cpu312c and i can´t comunicate with cpu. thanks

Sounds like you need to contact Siemens for a newer version of your software.

I was told by Siemens that you do not NEED to upgrade you software, you just need a new hardware catalog. However we never got to actually try that approach out as the powers that be decided to enter in to a maintenance agreement for S7 software

I've never heard of them updating just the hardware without upgrading the software to support it. That would be like USB being supported in Windows 3.1. It wasn't around when that software was created...

In the Hw manager of Step7 it sure is possible updating the hardware catalog.. Doesnt remember how but its a few klicks and it downloads all the new hardware over internet then you install.. If you try search the help this shouldnt be a problem..

Before upgrade S7 version, try to update hardware directly from your S7 software and connect to internet. I found steps here : http://anekalistrik.blogspot.com/2008/12/s...are-update.html

using catalog update is one way to get support for more devices. this is fast and easy - as long as you have internet connection. this will only allow download of devices that are supported by your version of step7. if your device doesn't show up in catalog and you cannot download it, you need to install more recent service pack(s) which is much bigger download but it's free. if that still doesn't help (as well as catalog update after installing latest service pack), your final option is to upgrade step7 to most current version. siemens offers upgrade packages so you may not need to buy whole new step7. this means that you can get for example from 5.2 or 5.3 to 5.4. p.s. when installing service packs, check siemens website for instructions. normally you have to install them in order (if you have step7 5.4 sp2, you need to inatall sp3, then sp 3.1 etc). one exception is if you have step7 v5.4 sp1 - in this case you can skip sp2 and proceed with sp3 etc. (think sp4 is current)

You can update you hw-config download file hw-update from siemens thx