Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bjcanning

CP1H online trouble

7 posts in this topic

I'm very unexpierenced in the omron world. I am trying to go online with the PLC and am having no luck. I have installed the CX-Programmer software and the correct drivers appear to be installed for the PLC I am using. XP isn't happy with my driver though. When I look at device manager, it gives me the ! beside the Omron PLC. Should I have installed the driver through the add new hardware wizzard in XP as well? Thanks for the help and sorry for such novice questions. I'm not an Omron expert!

HI bjcanning, I not sure this can help you but it sure look like, what I gone thrue not to long: I was building 4 PLC+HMI system and for no real reason 2 PLC and one HMI would communicated perfertly with a standard RS232 to USB converter but not the other ones. I was using CX-Programmer loaded on a XP laptop. I fix my problem by getting the OMRON, RS232 to USB converter model#: CS1W-CIF31, THAT BABY SOLVE ALL OF MY TROUBLE. Good luck, hope this help you.

The CP1 hasd a USB direct connection - no other cables. I must say I have not had a problem at all with the CP1 USB connection.

I think, that before CX-One V2, there was a USB driver that had to be installed to recognise the CP1 family. What version of CX-Programmer are you using, is the CP1H available? You need to give more information to enable people to help you. The only problem that I have had, is that I need to be sure that I always use the same physical USB port Edited by scottmurphy

I am using CX-Programmer V7.2, and I needed to install the Omron USB driver the first time I connected to a CP1L. Using WinXP, the standard prompt of "New hardware found" appeared when I connected it for the first time, then just went through the wizard prompts to install the driver. Andy.

More exactly, this applies to each USB port of the PC.

This is normally just a driver problem, look for the usb inf file; typically C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Server\USB\Win2000_XP\Inf hope this helps