Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

BooTP Helper Device

84 posts in this topic

I can't tell you the number of times I've bought used equipment and wanted to know the IP address that was assigned to it. So, just that it can read the IP, that's very cool.

Back to figuring out a name, what about "Express IP" or "IP Express" or "IP X-Press"? I am thinking about two lines Top with large letters: "IP EXPRESS" Second Smaller text "Detect and Set IP"

So I have sent a demo of this device to my old friend Bob. I did not have a PLC5 to test the device on but it appears Bob has found a problem. We have narrowed it down and are working on a solution but in all fairness I felt it would be best to post Bob's unedited PM so everyone else could read his first impression.

Once again I am quoted correctly. Glad to Help TW

Got a little more information on the PLC5 issue. It can be replicated using Rockwell's Bootp Server. Read technote 41906 http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 It is not a show stopper, but it does add another step to disable Bootp. - Use BOOTP server to assign IP address - Go online with RSLogix5 over Ethernet or serial and validate memory. No need to load project, just go online - Use BOOTP server or RSlogx5 to Set IP to Static

Hey TW, how goes the project? Havn't read anything about the device lately. Is it in Beta testing? Expected release date?

Hi Ken, the development of the IP X-Press is complete There are a limited number of devices for sale at this point. They are fully functional There are also some demos floating around plants that have been very valuable for our testing PM me if your interested

Hi Everyone. Just thought I would give everyone an update. The IP X-Press has been very successful, but we found more and more people requesting a version that could only read IP Addresses. So we have developed the IP Explorer. See PLC Tools for details Thanks TW

From an email Thank you for your inquiry! Yes, it is one of our more popular sellers. See link below. https://www.theautomationstore.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=162&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2