Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

PLC to PLC Communications

13 posts in this topic

Is this type of PLC comm possible and if so is there any sample code? Thanks

Yes it possible, couldn't find any sample code, but is very easy to achieve. What processors are you using, this will define how easy it is.....

What are you trying to communicate between the plc's? Do you have the hardware, or just want to know what is possible?

I have 5 plc's that I want to read/write data to each other. I know I can use control link but since this is not time critical data and I already have the ETN module's in place I figured what the heck. Learn something new.

Bobb is an advocate for controllerlink, and is ideal, but can add extra hardware cost if it is not absolutely required. Depending on the quality/robustnest of the ethernet network, then ethernet should be sufficient. It is a good idea to have an 'automation' network, that the IT people cannot touch.

I'll just post the code... This will simply sen out data to all nodes into of 300 words into a designated memory area (a bit like controller link) simple as.

... Also see this previous post covering a similar topic (PLC to PLC communication). http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=7205&hl= Nibroc

Nibroc, This is from the thread you posted: Some Notes: 1.You will need to map each of your ethernet units to the same network number using the routing table editor. (from CX-integrator) 2.Node number for each PLC will be the value of the last octet of the IP address. What is the difference of using CX-Programmer to set the ETN versus the CX-Integrator? I'm learning to use the FB's. Another question regarding the SendData and the SendCommand Does the SendCommand xmits and rcvs where the SendCommand just sends? Thanks for the info.

Raymond, None, the 'Routing Table Editor' was available via CX-Programmer in earlier versions, it is now available via 'CX-Integrator'. SendRecv.cxp

Thanks for the reply. I talked with my vendor about the diferences between send & receive in both standard and FB instructions. He also indicated the send/receive is very much like the old Basic peek/poke instuctions. From this I reckon I'll be using the _CPU011_ReceiveData FB. Hey, again I thank you for your help and patience.

Nibroc, when i'm trying to open yours SendRecv.cxp, it's ask me to install the CPS in IO Table there, but where can find or get the CPS_CJ1M_CPU11_Ver4_0.xml file ? thanks

You will need to upgrade your CX-One version. If you registered your software, you can go on-line and upgrade. If you did not register, you need to. Hope this will help.