Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Firefox and Extensions

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say that after reading about it on this board I tried firefox and the more extensions I add the better I like it. The Imacros adder is really cool.

I like the FTP add on. It is simple and effective.

I've been using Firefox for quite awhile, and never looked back. In case anyone is interested, here's the list of extensions that I find to be extremely useful. I also recommend checking out www.widefox.com. I use a widescreen laptop, and this a terrific way to maximize vertical browsing space! Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.4 -- Eliminate those pesky ads on websites. Adblock Plus 0.7.2.2 -- Goes with above. Aging Tabs 0.4.9 -- Shades tabs progressively darker with age. All-in-One Sidebar 0.7.1 -- Bookmarks, downloads, history, add-ons all in a handy sidebar. ChromEdit Plus 2.5.5 -- Edit the Chrome (controls look of the user interface) from within Firefox CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 1.8.1 -- Adds nifty icons beside every menu item. Extension List Dumper 1.2.1 -- How I got this list! FireBug 0.4.1 -- Handy for web development. FireFTP 0.94.6 -- FTP extension mentioned above. Forecastfox 0.9.3.1 -- Weather in your system bar: current, forecasted, and warnings. IE Tab 1.2.0.20061120 -- Opens pesky "IE only" pages in Firefox (I prefer this to IE View). IE View Lite 1.2.5 -- Opens pesky "IE only" pages in IE (works for everything as it actually opens IE). MeasureIt 0.3.6 -- Measure graphics (or anything, really) on a website in pixels. PDF Download 0.7.6 -- Dynamically decide what you want to do with PDF files. QuickNote 0.6.0.3 -- Notepad in a tab. I use it for Internet research. Sage 1.3.9 -- RSS/Atom Feed Reader. Works perfectly with MrPLC.com! Searchbar Autosizer 1.3.1 -- Automatically resizes the searchbar to fit your text. Tab Mix Plus 0.3.5.0.061121 -- Lots of tab browsing tweaks. Tiny Menu 1.3 -- Collapse uneeded menus into one "Menu" menu. UI Tweaker (Formerly Toolbar Cleanup) 1.7.0 -- A host of small user interface tweaks Unified Back-/Forward Button 0.5 -- Combines the Forward/Back drop-down lists into one. I love trying new extensions, so let me know if I'm missing any good ones!

I'm a big FireFox fan also, and I'm always looking for good extensions.