Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

GE Fanuc Automation SIM Notification Service DUMB QUESTION

8 posts in this topic

I got a SIM notice last week and this week. Is GE one of those people that you have to install SIMs in order? Or does SIM pack #5 include SIM pack #4? So I don't have to go and download them and install them in order?

You need only install the 'latest' SIM for your version.

Ah great! Glad the GE boys have some common sense.... You know what I am talking about though right? Some people want you to install them in order...geez...o-pete...

Had a call yesterday that made me think of this, You do need to install the latest Service Pack AND the latest SIM for the Service Pack.

Thanks Chakorules. I had been told by GE that you had to install in order. Very time consuming. It is extrememly important that you keep up with the Sims. I do alot of development with cimplicity and have had numerous issues where a set of code, animation, or whatever was working and now does not and then is corrected at a latter sim. It is getting really bad, as I now have to test a whole application due to minor changes on an existing job before I send it out, because things that used to work now do not. And you never know.

If you like to keep up with these, I find the ftp site a bit quicker download.http://207.153.46.3/ListFiles/ListFiles.aspx In the top Drop-Down select 'Machine Edition File Groups'.

Six SIM packs in just a little over a month. Atleast GE is ontop of it....I got two SIM notices in the same week. Whew.... Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM3 11/1/2006 5.50 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM3 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM4 11/15/2006 5.50 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM4 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM5 11/24/2006 5.50 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM5 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM6 12/8/2006 5.50 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM6 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM7 12/15/2006 5.50 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM7 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM8 12/19/2006 5.50 Machine Edition 5.50 SP2 SIM8

There trying to get everything fixed in time for Christmas.