Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geoorge

OUTPUT TO TXT FILE OVER NETWORK

6 posts in this topic

HELLO GUYS I WANT TO OUTPUT SOME NUMERIC VALUES TO A TXT OVER ETHERNET EVERY 15 MINUTES EXAMPLE N10 ,N11, N12 OUTPUT WITH THE FILENAME YYYYMMDD-TIME.TXT THEN THE VALUES PLEASE HELP ME

Yelling {Typing in all CAPS} - usually does not get a faster response. From you post I understand you have an SLC on ethernet {5/05 most likely} and you want Data from your N10, N11 & N12 Data Files transmitted to a text file on a PC every 15 minutes or so. A few questions? 1. Does the SLC need to determine when the data is sent or can the PC choose the interval? 2. Do you have a version of RSLinx other than "Lite"? 3. Does each interval need to be a unique file or can the new file erase the old? 4. Do you already have RSView, Historian or VB / VC available? 5. What cost range do you need to operate in? What you ask can be done several ways. How you answer the above will affect the method used.

I'd suggest the following possible approaches are available to you. 1. Use the INSQL package that comes with Wonderware and log you values to an SQL DB then quesry them into a text file daily. 2. Use a time driven script in Wonderware to open the text file and copy these values to it every 15 minutes. You will need to add the scripot and additional tags to your WW app. 3. Use Excel and Excel VBA to gathe your data from the SLC with DDE or OPC and write it to a text or excel file. A timer in an Excel macro can set your interval. Others may suggest other possibilities as well I have not thought of. Once you decide on aschema then we can discuss specifics.

Thanks ill try and let u know see another issue that i have is with the eurotherm controller over device net, in my slc i try to get some values using implicit messaging, the i:6/15 never changes, i dont know if i have to enable some options in the 1747 scanner or somenthing, as far i know the m0 224 and m1 224 must be used, but in my ios list on the 1747 i only have values for m 0-160

Hi George I would suggest you start another thread for this issue TW