Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Turkey Slayer

How do I set up a Micrologix 1100?

8 posts in this topic

I'm new to this module. I have it hooked up to the ethernet switch by my desk. When I try to find it in RSLinx it doesn't show up. The ethernet address setup in the processor is blank. I have no idea how to set one up so it can be recognized on my network.

It can be set by the display. That or the serial port will be the quickest way. Otherwise you need a bootp or dhcp server

TW fails to mention that the Rockwell BootP server ships with RSlinx / RSlogix.

Try Page 5-34 and following of the User Manual for 1100.

See this article for more Ifo about Ml1100 http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...;id=76&c=29

TWControls said that the ethernet address can be set by the controls and later to check 5-34 of the user manual. The heading when I go there is "Viewing Ethernet Port Configuration"... nothing about setting. If there is really a way to do this I would love it. Especially since the memory module for this will not configure the ethernet port. This leaves my customer with no way of downloading a program in case of a processor failure that corrupts the IP address or otherwise causes the processor to be replaced.

Can't do it. I don't know where I came up with that idea. BootP is the quickest way. Sorry for the confusion