Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rickplc

Reading I/O

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, Is there a way using GX Developer to read the PLC I/Os similar to what Allen Bradley has with their Data Files? This would be real handy for identifying unknown I/O addresses.

So what exactly are you asking? You can upload data values (D registers) from the PLC into GX-Developer. But I am not sure what you mean by AB data files?

You can read the IO information from the PLC. In GX Developer under parameters, IO assignment click the button read PLC information. Another way is under PLC Diagnostics, System Monitor. This is only valid for the system Q PLC's.

Good Morning!, Allen Bradley's RSLogix will allow you to monitor the status of the PLCs Inputs, Outputs, Internal Relays, Counters etc. even there isn't an existing Ladder Program. This can allow the identification or status of an instruction. I have found it a great help when trying to work with an undocumented system. I was hoping there was a function I could use with GX Developer to acheive the same results. I have a HMI that is reading and writing to the PLC and I need to identify a couple or so counter addresses and interal coils (M).

Just use the entry data monitor, or device monitor.

If you are refering to monitoring datatables in AB PLCs, closest GX Dev. equivalent is Device Batch Monitor. Unfortunately it doesn't show comments but it is fastest way to see status of I/O or memory.