Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flash319

PLC5/60L Dead?

9 posts in this topic

I have a 1771 chasis with a plc5/60L in it but no power supply. I have connected 5V to the side pegs and I get the lights on the PLC to come on. Batt is red and fault is red. I can not comunicate with it using Links and a serial cable. I replaced the battery and still no go. Any Ideas? Do I have to put power somewhere else to get the PLC to respond?

Those other connectors aren't just there for looks. There is a processor enable signal and detection circuits for backplane 5VDC and backplane signal ground. These are shown in the installation instructions document for the external 1771-P7 power supply. Any A-B office in the world is going to have a spare 1771 chassis and power supply around that they can use to help test this controller. Don't risk damaging this expensive controller with a homemade power circuit.

If this processor for business, then follow Ken's advice and buy correct power supply If this is just a learning toy, then sell it on ebay and buy complete SLC or Micrologix system you can use. This controller when new cost thousands of $$$.

$21,573 fun toy http://raise.rockwellautomation.com/RAConf...5A0073CF0F4AB8B

Only if new and only if working. It may be hard to sell: this is an extended local bus controller and not too many people use them Edited by Contr_Conn

At that price I would definately purchase a power supply instead of trying to make a homemade one. Small insurance policy for the risk of burning up the processor

If you'd update your profile with a location one of us might be near enough to loan a Power Supply.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=8916 Note last idem Edited by Mickey

Good find Mickey. That was just last week too, I would contack KTM Rider