Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

CX Designer Macro

9 posts in this topic

I have been trying to develop a faceplate ( genie / popup ) within CX-Designer. I have it 95% successful, using $sw & $w memory and index functions. What I would like to do, if possible, is also display a different title for the popup, similar to how SCADA systems perform the same function. Is this possible? I have been unable to find a way to do this.

Under screen properties, checkbox for title bar. Name of screen becomes the title in the title bar. Warning: Also includes a close screen button which allows user to close the screen without acknowledging.

Jay, Thanks for your input, but what I am trying to is have only one screen that acts as a faceplate, and then adjust the macro offsets dependant on the device that is selected, similar to what used to be a genie in fix32. I can't seem to see where I can add a command to change the title display, is this possible? A text display or title display relevant to the device selected would be sufficient, it is more for an indication, and I guess, a double check to make sure the correct device is selected. Cheers Edited by scottmurphy

Scott, Just an idea (haven't tried it) ... Why not hide the title bar, and simply draw your own title bar and include a string display which displays a title string stored in $W. You could then manipulate the string with your macro when the pop up is displayed. ?? Nibroc

Nibroc, That is what I am trying to do, and am pretty sure I tried it this way as well, but the macro does not allow a text description to be added. The manual states: "Word memory is used to store all numeral and character string data, including data for allocated addresses for functional objects. " Where it says character, I cannot seem to add characters into a $w area. If I enter $W100 = AHU1_1xxxx ; I get a format error. I will keep investigating, it may be a PT setting somewhere, if I find it I will post, but gut feeling is that it cannot be done???

Use Quotes

Jay Do you mean $W100 = "AHU1_1xxxx", have tried that already, this gives a =command error, have tried different formats, also single quotations, still have the error

... have you tried STRCPY function ? nibroc

Nibroc, That did the trick, works like a charm. Thanks a mil. Scott