Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moltra

SLC 5/04 Panelview 1000 DH+

5 posts in this topic

I am designing a system with a SLC 5/04 processor which I will be connecting to a Panelview 1000 Via DH+. Connected to the RS-232 port will be a 22-SCM-232 serial converter that is connected to a Powerflex 4 and powerflex 70 drives. What I need to know is, is there a way to connect to the SLC 5/04 via DH+ without disconnecting either the panelview or the serial converter.

Yes If connecting with a laptop then use a 1784-PCMK card If connecting with a desktop the use 1784-PKTX card see attached SLC_DH_.pdf

I have been looking for that doc for 2 days LOL forgot the 2 connections on the SLC 5/04. Thanks

Yes there is, the SLC 5/04 has a DH+ network access port on the front. Assuming you are using a laptop, then you will need a 1784-PCMK/B communication card, and the cable 1784-PCM5/B, they are not cheap. Last time I looked list price was around $2000.00. I recently bought a near new unit on Ebay for around $700.00 There is also a comm. card for desktops, but I don't know the part numbers off hand.

Heres the link to hardware Doc http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um011_-en-p.pdf