Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wonderboutin

cx-supervisor

4 posts in this topic

I have a cxsupervisor application with a sql database Provider=SQLOLEDB; User ID = *****; Password=******; Data Source=STATION278; Initial Catalog='Filtration'; I can connect with a SQL SERVER 2000 database and with a MSDE database but not with a SQL 2005 EXPRESS. can you help me ? tanks !

Have never done SQL, but at first this sounds like a supporting issue rather than a wrong setting, as you can connect to the SQL SERVER 2000 and MSDE. Perhaps worth a try, the connection string in the CX-Supervisor user manual v1.2 is another order as yours. Don't know if it makes a difference. Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=server_name; Initial Catalog=dbname; User Id=user_id; Password=user_password Also, did you have a look at the Database demo which is installed by default in C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Supervisor\Demos ? There are also some SQL examples.

I built one SCADA with CX-Supervisor that connects to MS-SQL, the connection string was: Driver={SQL Server}; Server=COMPAQ; Database=SCADA; Uid=scada_proizvodnja; Pwd=scada1408;

Always a good start with any database error is to call DBGetLastError(). It returns a standard Microsoft ADO error string which can be 'Googled'.