Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mttprctr

SSS to work on windows xp

4 posts in this topic

I have read through this forum before I posted this. At my job we use a few C500 PLCs. We have been using SSS (sysmac support software) to troubleshoot and make changes. We were using an old dell laptop with win 95. The hard drive crashed on the laptop. We have SSS working on some windows 98 laptops but they do not have a serial port. We tried using USB dongles and a PCMCIA card, we can get the program but after about 5 min we get communication problems. Is there a way to get SSS to work on windows xp?? I read up on SYSWIN but most of our maintenance staff are use to cx and sss. Plus the price for syswin is high. Any suggestions??? Thanks

Use a laptop with a real serial RS232 port??.... Nope, I think your suffering 'sleepy ports' a 'feature' of W98+ All newer windows machines have power saving features where they turn off the serial ports if they are unused for even a short period of time. Turn off all power saving features in your BIOS and Windows 98. Also set your serial buffer size to minimum in control panel.

Perhaps try making another hard drive partion, than install Windows 95 on it. During boot up you can select which operating system you want to run. I have only heard of this, perhaps others could weigh in? Hope this helps.

Haven't done a dual boot myself but here is some information from M$.