Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

High Dollar Control Panel

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen Alaric's picture in the gallery HERE of one of his high quality control panels? Just kidding about it being Alaric's. Doubt it is his work. Though I must admit in a pinch once on a weekend I did mount a Nema Size 4 starter in a cardboard box to get me through till I could get an enclosure

I guess a little explanation is due. Thats a photograph I took a couple of months ago in China. I was absolutely amazed at the things they would do. I saw exposed knife switches mounted to the wall to make a disconnect, I saw breakers mounted on an open plywood sheet with bare wires twisted around each other to form a buss, I saw places where someone would just skin the insulation off a wire and wrap another wire around it to tap off a lead for something. I saw a big transformer sitting on the floor with exposed high voltage taps just sticking up in the air with bare wires bolted to it and machine operators sitting just 3 feet away. Its a wonder the whole place hasn't burned down yet. Obviously there is quite a bit of work to be done in electrical code enforcement. Safety is obviously not much of a concern. Maybe too many "spare" people. Sad actually.

it beats everything i ever attempted

Cool photos there Alaric... Here's some more

Gee, really makes you wonder how Chinese manufactured goods can be sold for so much cheaper than their Western equivalents! But just wait, folks.. China is going to be selling CARS here soon!

The shots above were from china, india and mexico...

"Tunel of death" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBFi5ug7gE

Wow, didn't look like the bus midways through the film ever stopped