Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beljic

Memory Card

11 posts in this topic

What is the easiest way to transfer files from CF card to PC?

Three options... Take card out and put in a PC ... With CX-P access the card through Memory card... (Perhaps there maight be a way not to use CX-p) Third, with an ethernet card using FTP...

Not sure about HTML tool ? also check out the developments in this thread http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=8208

I will check, thanks. Is it posible to create some software (in Java or Delphi) for reading CF Card?

Ftp is ok, but I dont have ethernet card. Can FINS commands be used for transfering files from PLC's memory card to PC?

The easiest and cheapest way is to buy an ethernet unit and use either email or ftp!! Using FTP the CF card appears as a normal folder in windows explorer, internet explorer, etc. (the time you develop your own application to transfer the data serially, the ethernet unit will look cheap!!) Let us know how you get on ... Nibroc

Thanks, well, in my country engineer time is mutch cheaper than hardware... Only thing I need is to transfer all files and folders form CF card to hard disk. At this time my customer use CX-Programer to transfer files... That is very hard for them ... He transfer file by file (there is alot of files on card)... It is slow, cant transfer folders...

... How often do you transfer the files ? Could you take the CF card out of the PLC and plug it into a CF card reader attached to a PC ? Transfer would be quick & easy using windows explorer. Nibroc

Customer wants to sit in office and use files from card... This is what I offered then: two rs232 to rs485 converters (distance from office and PLC is about 100-150m), cables and cx-programer for downloading files from CF card and Java software whitch convert downloaded CVS files into one Excel file.