Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

CPU374+ not in Hardware List

8 posts in this topic

Gents, I am working on a new application with a 374+ CPU. I just upgraded my software to: version 5.50 SP1 Build 3655 I think SP1 is the latest and greatest. Maybe not? I can't find the 374+ in the hardware list to select it, so I choose a 374. The problem with that is there is only one IP that can be defined. The 374+ has two Ethernet ports on it. Where do I configure port2? I assume if I had a patch or something I might be able to select 374+ and then everything will be peechy key. Advice?

The IC693CPU374 and the latest and currently shipping enhanced or + version have the same Ethernet port configuration. The two ports consist of a two port un-managed switch, as such there is only one IP address. Yes, as of today (06/28/06) Proficy ME Version 5.5 SP1, SIM5 is the latest.

Once again, I've been mislead, abused, lied too...what's this world coming too? Now I feel like a total idiot even posting a question like this based on false information.......SIGH........

Don't be so hard on yourself! But you may want into look into a new advisor. Edited by RussB

Don't worry....I did about two weeks ago....

Just out of curiosity. Why would you want to give the same device two different IP addresses?

Well back when I was told that these two ports where separate NIC cards, my original intention was to dedicated port1 NIC to the plant wide SCADA, and port2 NIC to the machine automation. Port2 would run communications to the local HMI, local computer, etc…. Keeps the traffic from the SCADA away from my on board Ethernet switch. I do this on my home computer, mainly for firewall reasons, not speed...I run a NIC dedicate to my wirless T1 connection from the internet, and I have another NIC for my internal home network. (dear readers, everything I said in the above text is not true) So, now that I basically have a mini switch with one IP assignment, I guess I’ll just have to do. I don’t think a local HMI and computer is going to taxi the crap out of 100 MBs. I think I will be just fine. PS: How come the 374 PLUS is not in the hardware list for version 5.5 PM?

Because there are no functional or configurable differences where it comes to how Proficy ME uses it.