Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chalpa

Ethernet for an FX2N-64MR PLC

10 posts in this topic

Hi everybody: How can I access by Ethernet an FX2N-64MR PLC using a Visual Basic application? Thanks in advance for your help Regards Chalpa Edited by Chalpa

The Ethernet connection for the FX2N is the FX2NC-ENET-ADP Ethernet adapter and FX2N-CNV-BD converter board. As for how to talk to it with VB, I wouldn't know. I would use MX-Component or MX-OPC Server.

The protocoll description for FX series is classified, you can try to get it through the internet, and write youre own communication over the ethernet connection. The time you spend on this would be much more than using the MX Components driver functionality like Crossbow suggested. The MX Components driver functionality is a complete driver for C++ and VB. You can open and close ports and write and read all devices in the PLC. Even for multiple connections. Using this device will install the complete driver and a setup wizard where u setuo the connection with the PLC.

Thanks for your help. I already downloaded the MX_OPC_Server_4_10_Demo file from Mitsubishi site, but in the manual it talks about sample code for VB and other programming languajes to communicate with the mit PLCs. Apperently this samples don´t come with the Demo. Can someone send me this samples? I need to prove that this can work before buying the MX license. Regards Chalpa

U talk about that you have downloaded the MX OPC Server, but U need the MX Components. There is also a demo version available, included with the sample files.

The sample code should have been installed in a subdirectory under the MX-OPC Server install directory. MX-Component is typically included with MX-OPC in the downloads, it should have installed both.

At least in Europe the two software packages are separated. I cannot speak for the american download section. See the attached file Mitsubishi_Site.zip

Nope, it is not there, I searched in all the directory but I can´t found it. The manual says is there but not. Regards

Don't know about MXOPC but I was buying MX Components as separate (stand alone) piece of software.

The sample files are installed under the directory of MX Components\Act\Sample\ If the sample files are not there, you can upload them from here. Install them under the Act directory. Succes. sorry but it seems that the sample files are to big. I am not allowed to upload that amount of Mb's. In the below files is only the VB sample included. Vb.zip