Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

citect scada

5 posts in this topic

Hi! Im working with scada since last year and i have a question that i cant resolve by now. when i load my source code on pc i must let installed Citect explorer. so my customers can read my sources... i found a solutions deleting some DBF files. program works good but when someone try to open the project he cant read it and then, once he open it, he cant run again the project. so i now if someone try to read my code... but problem is that if i have to modify it i cant send backup files cause i have not protection (i cant delete the DBF files) i would like to know if there is a simple way to protect my software or if it's possible to run my citect project without let installed explorer... thanks a lot valerio Edited by valerio81

This question has been raised on the Citect users e-mail list, and the following knowledge base articles are mentioned: Q1952, Q2723 and Q3601. I have attached them for your reference. I have always thought of this as one of the few major "missed features" of Citect SCADA. There is no distinct runtime module from the overall package. According to above articles it is possible, but not in an easy way. The big disadvantage is that you can't restore a project on the PC anymore but you have to copy the files manually from a compiled project on you development system. You can also have a look at a program that let's you lock the Windows environment from being acessed by unauthorised users. The advantage of this software is you can keep the fully functional Citect system, and other files and progams without any restrictions. I have done some research this kind of application for a client once but I never applied it. It looks very useful, and the pricing isn't that bad. You can try a demo. It's called Access Manager for Windows. Hope this helps! Citect_KB_articles_Q1952_Q2723_Q3601.zip

One of our customers has asked if it would be possible to support a piece of equipment manufactured by a company that has gone out of business. It uses a Citect SCADA and Mits plc. They don't have the original code for either. My question: can the Citect source code be recovered from the PC it is running on? The users are in a risky position as they have no backup if the pc fails. Thanks in advance. PS this is not a request to try and rip anyone off, it is a genuine need.

Better to start a new thread rather than dragging a 3 year old one back up !! To answer your question yes you can get the code for the Citect system, if you read the posts above you will see that the code is located on the PC running the system, its simply a case of taking a copy of the files As for the PLC assuming the PLC application is not password protected you can upload the program if you have the correct software and cables

OOPS - didn't notice the date. Thats great news about the Citect - they will be relieved about that. The plc shouldn't be a problem as long as its not password protected. Thanks for you help.