Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Da_Tripsta

Need Help with a RSLogix Program

16 posts in this topic

I'm confused on where to start and what all should be included to get this done. A bottling plant has hired your organization to automate their operation. The process begins with bottles being uncrated in groups of 36 and placed in a washer/dryer, which takes 3 minutes to complete its cycle. The bottles then move to a holding area, which takes 1 minute and, from there, are feed one at a time to the filler, which takes about 20 seconds. It also takes 20 seconds to fill each bottle and another 20 seconds to move it to a capper/labeler, where it is capped and labeled (two separate actuaators). The bottles are moved to the packaging area, which takes another 20 seconds. Each group of 6 bottles is then packaged in a cardboard box and each cardboard 6 pack is placed in a case that holds four. Each full case is then placed on a palette that holds 36 cases. It takes 1 minute to replace a full 6 pack with an empty one. It takes 1 minute to replace a full case with an empty one. And it takes 4 minutes to replace a full palette with an empty one. Also, the operation will count the total number of bottles filled and packaged. Finally, it must include an override. You have to incorporate the actuators for each of the processes as well as the timers and counters to co-ordinate them. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Have you asked your instructor for an appointment to discuss your recent assignment? Joking aside -- Do you have a mechanical design drawing and a wiring plan for all the sensor and solenoids? I'd start there before writing the program.

Boblfoot right on. Also, can you picture this process in your mind? That is where it starts, study and understand the process and the rest is well, : study design study program study install study test study troubleshoot study startup study troubleshoot troubleshoot study repeat I know I have left out 99% Best of luck!!

Well me and my friends are trying to do it...but we are getting stuck on having which Timers and Counters to place for this type of project. We think we got it...but then its not right. Any help with this would really help us out. :)

Can you give us a little more detail on where you are getting stuck? Show us what you have done and we will help you where you are getting stuck

Let me second those comments. Give us a good idea of what you've done and where you are stuck and this forum has the horsepower to help you.

Screen captures and the actual PLC file will help when you describe where your are getting stuck. Before you even begin writing code I would write down every step of the process, what outputs should be on during the step, and what conditions the inputs must be in to move to the next step

hi, wat PLC ur using n how many I/O ur using. no of sensors n places u use , no of actuator double acting r single acting get all revlant information then it will be easy for u to program,

Yes, the more details the better

Alright got pictures of what we got so far on the project, need to know if we are doing this correctly: Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 If they are hard to see, I can just redo the pictures to help you see em better. We've gotten that far, just hopefully we are doing it right. Any help on this would be much appreciated. :)

I'm having trouble with the pictures. Can just post the program? Will save me from retyping anyway

You may also want to add some address descriptions to your program, this will make it easier for all of us to follow it.

Alright I think I have the right file attached to this post. Lmk wut you think, if its right or close to right on how the program should run. Going by my first post on wut the program is supposed to be doing. :) PLC_PROGRAM.RSS

1. You definately need to add some descriptions to your program to make it easier for both you and us to follow. 2. In the image below you will see an icon I circled. You need to click it. It will verify your program 3. Need to work on your addressing. When addressing like you did in the first instruction of rung 12, you must specify to the bit level. Use the following Timers 13 = DN (done) 14 = TT (timer timing bit) 15 = EN (enable bit) Counters 12 = OV (count up overflow) bit 13 = DN (done) bit 15 = CU (count up enable) bit You are probably looking for the DN bit for both of them 4. In rungs like 16, I get the feeling your are trying to store things in internal memory. You need to use B3s for this such as B3/0. Edited by TWControls

You should start documentation as soon as possible. Make yourself do it until it becomes second nature. Don’t care how smart or good you are especially on long programs you will become overwhelmed with numbers. Your mind will start running them together and you can’t process information efficiently. Docs help stop this by mixing letters onto screen. And it helps other people trying to help you. Why not let us know the logic you’re thinking with each line of code. Rung 1 With stop ( I:1/1)pulled operator selects auto cycle(I:1/2) and machine will energize output (O:3/0) and hold output on until preset of counter (C5:0) has been reached And next rung Good luck

The very first step of this process is to make a detailed process diagram...