Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Controlnet with a PLC5

9 posts in this topic

From an email. The names have been changed to protect the innocent Dear Mr. XXXXX I really appreciate your confidence in my abilities but I think it's time for you to join the forum or if you are already a member begin posting. We have had some great conversations about my Micrologix 1100 1st Impressions article HERE and I in no way minded clarifying parts of the article and helping you with other things on the Micrologix 1100. We have since moved on to various programming methods, how to wire several modules, many other things , and now this I have used two PLC5s in my life and have never used Controlnet. A fine gentleman who is also a MEMBER of this forum is currently helping me learn Controlnet. I have never even seen a piece of Controlnet hardware so if you even have the hardware in front of you it is quite possible that you know more than me about it. You reference recent threads in quite a few of your many many many many many emails so I know you frequent this wonderful forum and I will be more than happy to try to help you. BUT we are now approaching 10 emails a day. I have tried to help you with your questions but at the bottom of my response I have urged you to post your questions on the forum so that others can offer their opinions and others can learn from your questions. I have warned you for the past week that I was going to start ignoring your emails if you did not start using the forum I know it's hard, I was very nervous the first time I posted on this forum. I was just telling a fellow MEMBER of this forum earlier today that I hung out here for around a year before I got up the guts to do my first post and now they can't get me to shut up though I bet there are a few users that wish I would Sorry Mr. XXXXX but I'm going to have to cut you off on the emails plus this one is way out our my league though there are many great MEMBERS of this forum who can probably do this in there sleep. I think this would be a great subject for you to jump on the forum with Also as I keep telling your there is no Mr. TWControls and quit calling me sir. Thats my dad who is DWControls Look forward to seeing your post TW PS - When are you going to fix that caps lock key? Edited by TWControls

I usually don't reply to unrequested PMs and emails - getting 2-3 a day from different forums Some request going to the point "You MUST provide solution ASAP" or "I asked you twice to mail me software and you still did not send it" I hope people understand that this is PUBLIC forum, not a private consulting service. Anyway going to the PLC5C - this is not user friendly setup, but widely used. xxxx - Start with user manuals http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...qs006_-en-p.pdf http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um022_-en-p.pdf And before posting fix your CAPs - I will not respond if you have CAPs on. Edited by Contr_Conn

10 emails a day ? This sounds like you are being harassed If he keeps bothering you, pass his details on to Chakorules or any other mod and he will get banned. This is no way to seek help.

Chakorules has already taken care of it

***THINKING IN LA LA LAND****** Interesting idea...maybe we could implement a pay per incident thingy on mrplc. You as a member can sign up for this, and people could come here and pay YOU to solve their problems like a consulting service, privately and make a little cash on the side.....I always support my members anyway I can, though sometimes others at mrplc don't always agree with my lame brain ideas.... ****OK BACK TO REALITY WORLD******

Chako: One thing may stop you from been in the middle is a liability issue. If someone helps directly and getting pay directly - this is simple. If mrplc is in the middle, you are taking responsibility for results I guess. In any case good idea to investigate. Too bad I can't be involved...

I just like to help out people if I can, just as I like to be helped out when I need it. I think that's also the power in which this site forum excels.

Your exactly right, that's why I was thinking in la la land....then I came back to reality.

Sorry but I'm having problems getting out of la la land. How about another company hosting an email server. Only to send an email to someone on that server you have to pay a charge on a credit card... Should put the liablity back in the users hands. You are just charging to deliver an email