Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

compile check options

6 posts in this topic

Here's a probably dumb question from a seasoned Omron programmer.... I got a decent sized program and I can compile it. BUT what frustrates the hell out of me is the number of WARNINGS i get for data type checking eg WARNING: Symbol N7_22's data type (UINT) is not compatible with the data type (INT) for this instruction operand at rung 7 ( 6, 7 ). "I know that" in the past i have previously ignored these but I purposely left a few inststions without Destinations because i wanted to assign them later by simply running a compile find the obvious errors and then assigning them to a scheme i was to develope. The size of the program is around 30K steps at the moment and a compile will reveal 690 WARNINGS all due to data type checking...argh i just want to turn this checking off so i can find the errors easily ...and yes i have tried the DO NOT CHECK CONTROL DATA check box in compile options. Any suggestions ???

you have to review if the data is INT in all program or you are working with diferent data type, review in the symbols that all the data related with this are in the same format, because is probably that you have a math operation with other data in other format

I am well aware of what you are saying, but I want to be able to turn ON and OFF the TYPE checking in the compile options. I totally understand the value of TYPES but in all honestly the WARNINGS that come up are only a compile warning in that the PLC don;t care because it sees them as channels anyways and the TYPE casting is more to make it easier to visually see when online. As Dirty Harry always said "A mans gotta know his limitations", I know them but i don;t want a back seat driver so to speak telling me to slow up, i want the ability to tell them to shut up, i am at the wheel, in charge here....

sorry i have not found a way to turn check options on and off, but i looked at my options and the only one i have under general and compile is: "Do not normalize rungs at compile for program verification". so i do not even have the check control data option! and btw i am using cx version 6.11 ~Andrew Edited by Andrew Ticknor

Doh! man i feel dumb now.... i was looking for that but i could not find it. sorry :( ~Andrew