Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

C200H - LK201 (still available or obsolete?)

12 posts in this topic

Hi, We have two C200H plcs' from which we need to upload the program because we don't have them backed up. From reading other posts I understand that we'll require the LK201 module. Can't find any mention of C200's on Omrons web site so I assume all the bits are obsolete. Will we still be able to get hold of the necessary parts 'new' or will we be browsing e-bay? Thanks in advance.

If you have an open slot in the backplane, you can use a C200H-LK201-V1. If not, and the cpu's are C200H (not C200HS, C200HE, C200HG or C200HX) you can mount a "cpu mount" host link to the long horizontal connector on the cpu, part number 3G2A6-LK201-EV1. You may need a port extender C200H-BP001 or C200H-BP002. Both host link numbers show as "stock" parts in the US. Port extender does not show in the price list. Note that the C200H and C200HS cpus are discontinued and no longer available. Hope this will help.

"If you have an open slot in the backplane, you can use a C200H-LK201-V1" If you are looking for the C200H-LK201-V1, I have a spare one, so if you have no other options send me an email. Cheers Fred

If you want to purchase some of these components, a good souce for used, refurbished Omron products is www.plccenter.com . I purchase a CPU and power supply for a C1000H system just last week. They have quite a good inventory and their refurbished items come with a one year warranty. They do ship worldwide. Hope this helps.

Thanks Fred. I've passed on the info I've gleened to my boss so will wait to see what he does with it. Incidentally, do you know if SYSWIN is the 'correct' software to use with old kit like this? Edited by gruntstripe

Syswin does support the entire C200H family (C200H, C200HS, and C200H alpha products). You will need a cable with a 25 pin end for the host link. 9 pin port is only on "built in" comm ports.

Thanks gtsuport. There is a 48 pin connector on the front of the C200H and this is where a port extender / host link is attached right? But just above that behind a little drop down flap there is another connector - cant remember how many pins and I think its female. What's that for? Edited by gruntstripe

gruntstripe, You are correct. The CPU mount host link or the port expander connects to the 48 pin horizontal connector. The other connector you are referring to is called the Peripheral Port and is for the C200H-PRO27 handheld programmer. The PRO27 has a cable (C200H-CN222) that will plug into that connector. The C200H will also allow the use of the PRO15 "handheld" programmer, it goes into the 48 pin horizontal connector, just like the host link. One word of caution. Do NOT try to use a cable or adapter for the computer into the Peripheral Port. The cable is a CQM1-CIF02, the adapter is a CPM1-CIF01. These devices will plug in, but will not work and may damage your CPU! These are designed to work with newer units, the peripheral port was upgraded in newer hardware. Hope this will help!

I haven;t had one get damaged from doing this but i can definetly verify it just don;t work....The C200HS and above could use the peripheral port with these adaptors.

I can't remember the cabel part number... it was an Omron peripheral port to Omron HMI, 9 pin. I blew a circuit board fuse in the C200H CPU01. I was told to never plug anything except a hand held programmer into the C200H peripheral port. Alpha series and above are different. (C200HX, HG, HE, HS, ect....)

Found it..... It's an NT2S-CN212. Do NOT plug this into a C200H.

Thanks for the heads up... That cable i bleieve was for interfacing the NT2S screen to the PLC and it would use the periperal port to drive the screen on the 5 volt level. Obviously not enough protection on the old C200H. I also seem to remember that plugging and driving a NT2S directing using the same cable to a CPM2A did not work either (not enough power captain) however it did not kill the port though...