Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

Cj Unit Address

5 posts in this topic

Hello again, Here's an interesting observation: I copied a working program from a CJ1M-13 with a single SCU21V1 module (unit address 0) to another CJ1M-13 with a two SCU21V1 modules (unit addresses 0 & 1). After I created the IO table I proceeded to add the logic for the second module. I am able to use the comm ports on unit address 1 (both xmit & recieve). Port 2 on unit 0 is working correctly. However port 1 on unit 0 flashes occassionally. After several hours of head scratching I changed the unit addresses to 1 & 2 respectively along with the complete bits etc. Both SCU boards are working correctly. For my curiosity I removed the second SCU and changed the first SCU unit address back to unit 0, reloaded the original program and now both comm port works!?!??? I asked my vendor about this and he indicated using unit address 0 may give problems and suggested to avoid using unit address 0. Have others seen or experienced problems using unit address 0???

After some configuration changes, power must be cycled.

Believe me I have cycled power many many times in hopes it would start working

I have a CJ1M-CPU12 with a Controller Link card at address 0 and 2 SCUs at 1 & 2 and have no problems with any of them. A little different from where you are but it works OK.

[After several hours of head scratching I changed the unit addresses to 1 & 2 respectively along with the complete bits etc. Both SCU boards are working correctly. For my curiosity I removed the second SCU and changed the first SCU unit address back to unit 0, reloaded the original program and now both comm port works!?!??? Can you check whether Unit Number switch on the module is exactly placed to 0 Number on that particular module. If Yes, In that module switch position to 0 might be not turning on. Lakshmi