Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teal854t

Machine start, stop and fault monitoring

5 posts in this topic

Hi I'm not a PLC guru. I need help with data logging machine start, stop and fault monitoring. For example, a machine with a few sensors that monitor the fault. Whenever a sensor senses the fault, machine stops and fault signal sends a signal to a PLC. I like to monitor when the machine went down and which sensor causes it. I like to know the date and time when it happens. What processor, module, ...... do I need and what instruction do I have to use? Any sample? Thanks, I would very much appreciate the help.

Shouldn't be too hard What types of processors do you wish to add this too and where exactly do you want to view this information.

Any SLC500 or Micrologix. I like to start with something simple. Is there any way to monitor from PC? Thanks

for the simple application, you can use ML1500, RSView32 150 tag or RSView ME 15 pages.

Or you could go with the RsLinx option. You can use Rslinx Single Node for one machine or RsLinx OEM for multilple machines. They are pretty reasonable in price. It allows you to read any controller tags using DDE or OPC. Your can link these to excel, word, etc. Or you can create you own interface using visual basic or something RsLinx does not have a tag limit Edited by TWControls