Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elarsen50

PLC 2

6 posts in this topic

Greetings to all, Please dont laugh, but I am still living in the PLC 2 world. I have 6 of them alive and well for the most part. My question is this...Using my laptop I can communicate, upload and download with 4 of them, two of the PLC's tell me I have a fault with the cable and I cant do anything with them. I have a T3 terminal which allows me to connect to all six of them. I am using ICOM ver 6.2 with WIN 98 thru a PCMK card. I dont have the manual for the software and the PLC2 books I do have dont even mention a computer as an option to communicate. Old, eh? I searched for the manual on the Rockwell site, but came up empty. I may have missed it or it doesnt exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know, I know, upgrade ASAP, right? But as usual the money guys say "we aint got no money". Thanks in advance Ed

Hello Elarsen.... Your problem seems to like my problem with 1747-PIC... New genaration PC and notebooks has powersaver features... Ths is preventing/decreasing the voltage on COM ore PCMA.. Trerefore you are unable to make a connection.. On the other hand, PCMA..etc type ports are NOT usable.. You have to use phhsiclalCOM ports.... Actulay, I am not expert for this kind of problems.. My problem also not solvet ( LINK LAYER NOT ACTIVE) As a recommed... I am planning to find an older desktop computer from 1994-1998's with Win95 in order to create proper connection. You can also do same solution; If someones doesn't help us for easier way.. Good luck !!!

Wait till one of those PLC2s dies and management sees the replacement price and the time lost if you can't communicate it LOL. Reality will then set in!

Assuming you are using the same laptop, cable, and software and 4 of the 6 work, the problem would seem to be something different in the two that are not communicating. I would suspect some variation in the com settings. Since you can connect to all 6 with the T3 perhaps you can tell what is different by poking around the com settings.

Can you even change the port parameters for the front panel communication channel? I have very little experience with PLC-2s but I don't ever remember having to set a baud rate, parity, etc.

the 2 processors that you cannot talk to are mini plc"s 2 please give my the Number of the 2 you cannot talk to . i have had this problem but with only the plc2/15 please let me know