Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RFurey

uploading .mer file for PV+

6 posts in this topic

I need to upload a PV+ file and edit it, but I don't have the original project on my computer. I can upload the .mer file but I don't see anywhere to open it or convert it to a format I can edit in RSView ME. I am pretty sure I could do it in the old PB32 and I'm hoping that RS didn't do away with, what I would think was, an important feature. Can anyone help me?

I think they did. Supposively it was to "protect the developer" I've heard there is some way around it. Maybe someone else here has done it.

I've been frustrated by the same thing; I'd like to hear if there is a way too.

Maybe things have changed recently, but the answers I recieved 6 months ago was that there was not an option to edit .mer files since it is a complied file that does not decomplie well. I was told that in future releases they were considering adding an option to store the .apa if space was availiable. So far I am sticking with CPR6 and version 3.2 of ME, and burning CDs of projects for safe keeping. I would guess that you will have to contact the developer and get a copy of the project, along with the same version of ME that was used in developement.

I've heard that they can do a partial retrieval from the .mer file - but partial isn't much use is it? This is your best bet (only one!) ...although I'm informed that the current version (4.0) can work with any 3.x version.

Send me the runtime file and i should be able to convert it for you bjclem@earthlink.net