Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmervenne

Easy question

7 posts in this topic

I just uploaded a program from a fx2n plc and the program has no device comments. I know this is a common problem with mits. I was wondering if they were saved in another file that i need to import?. Is there any way to get them?. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

I am using the Medoc and there the device names are in the .NAM file. The rung comments are stored in the ladder .PRG file. Anyways the only way to get the names and comments, whatever software, is to have the project files, not necessarily the last revision. If you find the project in Medoc format, I can printout it to Word file for you. Edited by Sergei Troizky

The comments are not stored with in the P.L.C. They are only in the stored as part of the project on a computer. You would have to contact the programmer for a copy of the project and hope they would give you a copy of their project. Rodney Edited by Rodney

Actually Mitsubishi PLCs do have ability to save some of the comments into PLC (if PLC has enough memory). I didn't use this feature in a long while but check out EDIT menu and Setup Comment Range...

Here is sample of that window