Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

1769L32E Firmware update

9 posts in this topic

1769L32E Firmware update -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I used 1769-L32E with factory loaded 1.15 firmware and my RSLogix5k with V13.03.00. I want to update the 1769-L32E and need firmware file. Could you send me the file? Thank you. James

If your support contract is good you can go to ABs website and download them

Thank you for reply. My serial number doesn't works and I need firmware 13.34 version for compactlogix 1769-L32E. Could you please download for me and send to my email (wsy_nte@yahoo.com). Thank you for your assistance. Regards, James

So are you saying your software is in support or not. If it is call Rockwell, it won't take but a few minutes for them to straighten it out or they can email you the firmware file. If it is out of support can't help you there

This is out of support, how to get the firmware? Thank you. James

If you still have you RsLogix installation CD it has them. If not call Rockwell, they will probably send you the file

If I recall, RS tech support may activate a 90 day trial support period if you explain the situation to them. Alternatively, you can calmly state your opinion that purchasing licensed software at 2.5K and PLC hardware at 10-15K, and then discovering that nothing will work because the equipment was sent with non-functioning firmware is @#$%^&*@#!!!. That worked for me. Edited by pseudoquas

Another possible avenue is to see if your local distributor will help you. If you have a good relationship with them (i.e. have spent much $$ lately or convince them that you will) they'll probably get you what you need. Your odds are much better with your local salesman than the "faceless bureaucracy" known as Rockwell Automation..

Ok decided to do my own test of Rockwell. Called them and used a serial number I know is out of support at version 12. Told them that it was out of support but need firmware for a 1769-L20 to replace processor and they emailed me version 12.16 Didn't seem that hard. Took about 10 minutes on the phone then another 10 waiting on the email.