Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCer

Changing C200H to CS1

11 posts in this topic

Hi All We are having a C200H system with following modules: PLC BASE UNIT C200H-BC101-V2 PLC BASE UNIT C200H-BI051-V2 PLC BASE UNIT C200H-BI081 PLC CPU UNIT C200H-CPU01 / 02 /11 PLC INPUT UNIT C200H-ID212 PLC INPUT UNIT C200H-ID215 PLC MEMORY UNIT C200H-MR431 PLC MEMORY UNIT C200H-MR831 PLC NC UNIT C200H-NC111 PLC OUTPUT UNIT C200H-OA222 PLC OUTPUT UNIT C200H-OC211 PLC OUTPUT UNIT C200H-OC225 PLC OUTPUT UNIT C200H-OD211 PLC OUTPUT UNIT C200H-OD212 PLC POWER UNIT C200H-PS221 We would like to change this to CS1 PLC while retaining old modules. Can anyone look at the module list and advise if they can be reused in CS1? Many thanks.

The I/O cards are the only things that can be re-used. You will have to replace racks, processors etc with the exception of expansion racks that can be re-used with a special cable. However, you would still have old power supplies. Suggest you replace all racks, processors, power supplies and cables from CPU rack to expansion racks. Just make sure you purchase the CPU and expansion racks that will take the old cards. Some CS1 racks will not. Check the CS1 manual for your part numbers.

Thanks. What about NC UNIT C200H-NC111? Can it be brought to CS1 system for reuse? Thanks.

C200H-NC111 can be used in cs1 system,but it can not use the software(cx-position),so if you have change your system to cs1,you'd better change the C200H-NC111 to cs1w-nc113/nc133.

Thanks. I just want to minimise engineering work when converting from C200H to CS1. So, basically, I will reuse C200H-NC111. What I'm going to do is porting the program of C200H CPU to CS1 CPU. But I'm new to using NC units. Can anyone guide me to set up this unit so that it will work the way it does in C200H? Many thanks.

You will need to pay attention to DM locations when converting the program. The CS1 has much more capacity and addresses are not the same. Your back planes must use the CS1W-BCxx3 series to use the C200H modules with a CS1 CPU. I like the CS1W-CN626 programming cable. It uses the perpherial port. C200H-CN229-EU uses the serial db-9 port and will interface to most displays too. If you do not have CX-ONE you should really, really consider getting it. I used V3 to convert a C200H to CS1 and was able to work thru some issues with OMRON tech help. When I finally got CX-ONE things just worked better. www.cx-one.com to check it out.

Hi I understand that Special I/O modules use DM areas as Setup area. But DM is now D in CS1, and CS1 has a dedicated area for Settings, but only for newer model. When C200H-NC111 is used in CS1, what should I do with this DM settings? Thanks.

Still uses the DMs for settings with this module. DM and D are the same thing.

You should refer to the W339-E3-4 Operation Manual and W340-E3-04 Instructions Reference Manual For the CS1 for the NEW DM/D address. The C200H and CS1 do not use the same DM/D addresses for controlling special function modules. The instructions will fuction the same the addresses will just be different. The same may hold true for your expansion chassis addressing. I know for sure the Remote I/O addresses are different C200H uses 50.xx and CS1 uses 30xx.xx. You need W120-E1-7 WIred Remote I/O system manual apendix C. You can convert the addresses in the symbol table and globally change all points at once, saves a bunch of time.

I am not sure but believe one can select to use the original DM settings in CX-Programmer. Have not done it but I can remember seeing the option somewhere.

I had to use different ones for the analog modules. Math instructions do not need to change.