Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
king144

RSLogics500 print files to MS Word format?

8 posts in this topic

Greetings, I'm new to this forum and AB software. Just got RSLogics-500 PLC program fired up and made a few printouts of updated PLC programs to save on out local mill-wide network. We save all our other PLC printout files in MS-Word format so anyone on the network can download it and make a local hard copy. So far, I see no way to convert the RSLogics-500 printout to MS-Word format. I can't even find the output print file. I'm used to using Siemens/TI Tisoft 7.0 where one can send printouts to a local printer or a file... Thanks, Richard Anderson PLC Documentation Georgia Pacific Corp. Camas Mill richard.anderson@gapac.com

This doesn't directly address the 'saving as a Word Document question' but you may consider switching to a PDF format. Google 'CUTEPDF'. Once installed it appears as a printer to any program. It will print out to a PDF file. That could be shared, opend and reprinted easily.

You might try printing to a PDF. I use a product called PDF995 free download at PDF995.com b carlton types faster then I do. Edited by Mickey

Thats kind of strange; wouldn't that require everyone to have a license for MS-Word? Plus the quality is just so-so. I would use the industry standard documentation distribution, PDF files. Adobe's Reader is true freeware, the quality is much better, and most vendors provide their manuals in PDF format at their websites.

Wow! That was quick response time - must be lots of users here. Well, MS Word we have a site liscence for, all our network PC's are equipped with it. But I do get PDF files from Enegineering all the time and my PC has the software ( it's free anyway I think to decode) to read it. Good idea, I'll hound the IT troops into getting me a copy of Adobe PDF writer. I'm glad I found this place. I passed a MRPLC link along to several other Electricians/Enginners here... Thanks! -Andy GP-/Koch {Pending} Camas Mill

Why not use one of the free ones, http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ is GNU and works well, I use it all the time with RSlogix.

Just use PDF995 (or any of the others suggested) Its free, it appears as a printer to RSLogix, and it generates high quality PDF files without any extra steps. Edited by Alaric

Hey! You guys are raving geniuses! - I download the 995PDF file system and it slid right past our network IT admin restrictions. Loaded, worked as advertised first time - and I was able to save a Printout of our latest updated AB program on to our local network. THANKS!!!! -Andy