Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wordman

Micrologix 1500 change DH+ address

5 posts in this topic

I never remember having this much trouble with changing the address of SLCs. I have a LSP (with one DF1 port) When online in program or run, I am unable to change the node in Controller Propertires. When offline, if I change the node, the comms path changes so I cannot download. What am I missing, this has to be easy

This is speaking from a DF1. I wasn't aware the Micrologix 1500 had DH+. But while offline change the address. Use the Who Active to download the program. I think it will warn you about the communications change. Just accept it.

Just called Rockwell. They don't allow you to change the address Bascially the answer was it is peer to peer, so why would I want to anyway...

If you change the protocol to DH485 then you can change the node address. And Tw is right the micrologix does not support DH+

I was aware of that you needed the additional network module to use DH+ with the micrologix I was just trying to set up my micrologix with a Proface GP37W2, and it seemed like the proface was wanting the DF1 port to have a node address of 0 instead of 1. That was all I was trying to accomplish. I still can't get my PLC to respond to the HMI. PiTA