Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommohar

plc-2 software?

6 posts in this topic

I have a few machines that are being rebuilt that have plc-2 processors. I want to upload the program to get some kind of idea as to what the program is doing in order to upgrade to a Logix. Does the software still exist? can I get it from AB? Supposedly, the OEM can't locate the program but they are willing to come to us and help for an enormous fee.

Your best bet would be to look around for someone local to come in and upload the program and make a printout. AB will still sell you the software, but they price it artificially high. It will probably cost you more to purchase than the cost of a one-day service call. By contracting out this part of the project, you eliminate wasting your time learning your way around the software for a one-time use. By finding someone local, you can minimize travel expenses. Your local AB distributor would probably be a good place to start. They may not be able to do it, but its a good bet that they know someone who can.

That is a good idea. I inquired to AB about the cost and the person I talked to wasn't positive about the price but it was close to $4,000! I'll take your advice and find someone just to upload for me.Thanks!

FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. still supports their software for the AB PLC-2. It still runs under Windows platforms. It is far less than $4000. Feel free to contactme. jim@fast-soft.com

Ocassionally the older AB programming terminals pop up on e-bay and usually include the software. However there is a bit of a learning curve. Perhaps you could just send the processors out to somone familair with that vintage equipement, or perhaps make your purchase of the replacment logix contigent upon conversion.

Tell us where you are, maybe someone on this forum would be able to help you!