Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

How are you rated on this site.

14 posts in this topic

Are you rated on the amount of posts and replies that you partcipate in? I was just wondering, I noticed that I recently went from a newbie to a sparky.

Looks like it is off you your number of post though I have never found it said anywhere 1-5 Hi, I am New 5-9 Newbie 10-50 Sparky 50-99 Expert 100+ Guru

Gotta love a place that considers you a "guru" after only 100 posts :)

Yeah I just wished the work place was like that.

Welcome!!

I like the system on www.eng-tips.com where you get stars from others when you post something they think is useful. The number of posts is meaningless. What if each post is a question? Peter Nachtwey

Hmm.. Interesting site, eng-tips. I'll have to explore it when I have some time. I suppose they figure that even if you only ask questions, by the time you have gained the wisdom from 100 answers you must be a guru :) Edited by gravitar

Peter, Great idea. I'll take note to that and see if we can implement something like that in version 2.0 of the forum board software.

And when you are a moderator, you can be a "Controls Engineer"....or anything you want to be.... woooooooooo...... Which reminds me, PM me if you want your TITLE to say something else besides the default. I really don't care. LOL...

Can you imagine some one putting "I have 1000 posts on mrplc.com" on their resume?

A great question can sometimes inspire more than a great answer could ever do gentlemen. One closer to expert Yippee! Edited by fosy

Hi, I joined mrplc 7 months ago. You see it is sparky written in my rating. Thats true I am really sparky since I have been working in this area and using PLCs for two years. I think a person with more than 100 post is really an expert because I have along way to go and more posts. Actually I am looking forward to be called as an expert or a guru. But this doesnt mean that I have to send unnecessary posts. I try to post on a topic which I really have an idea. Thanks.

Now I'm a sparky, but I think my correct title is tiffy, can that be arranged? :)