Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JarekBialik

Connection Error to NS7 PT - RS232

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to Omron and this group but have been doing some learning and lurking as of late here. We have not been able to connect NS-Designer v5 to the NS7 or NS12 PT. I have configured the FINS gateway settings as described in NS Designer manual, and have matching COM port settings in windows and the FINS settings. The serial unit service is running in FINS. Also of note is the fact that we have a USB-Serial converter cable, although I used this same cable to hook up to an Omron PLC in conjunction with the Omron periperal cable (CSW1-CN226) and it worked, so I highly doubt something is wrong with the cable. I know I am missing something easy, but being new to Omron I cant see it. Thanks in advance. Jarek Bialik Regent Control Systems

Download this Omron Serial Cables I normally use C200H-CN229 cable for downloading to screens and for ASCII cards.

Hi guys We are still not able to communicate with the terminal. We suspect now that this is a cable problem. I looked at the cable wiring mentioned by BobB, the C200H-CN229. The question is, is the pin wiring the same as the cable with the part number XW2Z-S002? And also what is the cable pin wiring specs for the XW2Z-S002? Thanks

This cable should work fine. XW2Z_S002.pdf

I don't know which protocol that cable is. But it is posible that the wrong protocol is set at the NS. (Protocols like the NT-link or HOST-link cables.) And is the right port set for communication.