Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

PM from this morning

6 posts in this topic

PM from Mark today

I did not author the PLC backup utilities. Source code is not available. Consider trapping the model read command and patching it with correct response for CS or CJ. Not sure of your capabilities.

Since you a are using a CJ PLC why not consider the posibility of having the program restored from a Compact Flash card ?

Thanks for the suggestions. The whole purpose of this exercise was to avoid the use of the Flash card, since the end user of the machine is in another country; email will be both much quicker and much more convenient. By "trapping the model read command", is there a way to do this on the PLC itself (this didn't seem obvious to me)? If on the PC, there's no doubt a system-level method of intercepting all the serial I/O requests (possibly involving writing a "pseudo-driver"?), but I think for me it will just be simpler to write the up/donlad routines myself. This will have the additional benefit of allowing me to integrate it directly into my aplication, rather than requiring that the user run a (non-company-branded) separate application. -- Mark Moulding MARKE Systems, Inc.

Create a self extracting archive of the files you want the customer to use. Buy the guy a cardreader and flash card. Mail him the archive. Or am I thinking too simple...

Yep, that was what i was eluding to....