Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angeraer

Can't use IR100 in instruction?

14 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a ID215 module (High Speed Input) which I want to use. My device (CAM positioner/encoder) is connected and I get a BCD value on my inputs on the ID215 module. When I check the IR100 word, I see the BCD value I need to work with. But I can't access it in for example a MOV instruction? How can I achieve this? Thanks, Andy.

Hello Andy, What PLC are you using? What is the error message you are getting when you compile this? Are you putting "IR" in front of the address "100" (e.g. MOV IR100 DM13) - if you are, then don't. Regards anonymous

PLC is old C200HX. I get Operand 1 Memory Area not valid at rung .... for instruction : MOV IR100 DM132 I removed the IR as you mentioned, and then it compiles. How does it know to use the IR range now? It doesn't do the copy of the data however. I created a button, and when I push the button it should move the data from IR100 to DM132. See screenshot. Andy. Edited by angeraer

The CIO (Core Input Output) area for any Omron PLC does not need the identifier for these memory areas. If there is no prefix, it is given that this is the area to be used. IR / SR for C Series PLCs, CIO for CV and CS/CJ Series. (Saves just that extra little bit of typing!) As regards the problem of the MOV not executing, there may be several things here. 1. Have you downloaded the program to the PLC? 2. Is the PLC in Monitor or Run mode? (If it is in Program mode, then the program will not be executed). These 2 questions are not meant as a reflection on your abilities by the way, I've done this 100's of times myself! 3. Is there anything else writing to DM132? Regards anonymous

I created a new section, but forgot to remove the END statement in the previous section and therefor it wasn't executing the MOV. Thanks for the help. I'm one step further Andy.

Yes, i too have be caught out by this one and blurted out a number of descriptive superlatives because of it...Never happened twice though...

Most of us here where I work have made a habbit of creating a section called "END". Obviously it is at the end of the program and END is the only instruction it contains.

CX-Programmer already does this for you Regards anonymous

That must have been where we got the idea then. That's funny. We mostly work with exsiting programs which have been converted from LSS and CPT. In this case everything is compiled into one section.

IO_Rack, you have my deepest sympathy...

I did a power station with C200HS PLCs and Syswin. 9 PLCs networked together with Sysmac Link (no Controller Link in those days) and a Citect SCADA over the top. All PLC programs are one section. The total print out for the PLC programs for the project used 1 complete box of US fanfold paper. The printouts did not include cross references. Quite a bit of code!!! The actual program was divided into sections although there are no "broken up bits" as you get with CX. It was not really a problem as, despite the amount of code (one processor had very little memory left), I knew where evrything was in the program. Scrolling up and down to where I wished to be was not a problem at all. That was quite some years ago and the programs have been imported into CX now but still one large section. I can still "whizz" up and down the programs and find what I want even though I have not visited the site for over 2 years. The program was broken up into the same sections I still use today, although I do use the "sections" in CX now but one huge section is not a problem IF YOU ARE ORGANISED!!!! I still prefer that method sometimes rather than the sections in CX. A lot depends where you have come from. I still like CAPS and that was a year or two ago. Hated LSS though and still do.

When I first started here the company was kinda new. Print outs and hand held programmers were delivered with the machines. This is what we used for troubleshooting until we got a FIT10. That still didn't do any good for the few S6's we had.

Did something similar for an automotive paint shop many moons ago (A-B PLC5s though, not Omron), each PLC program was just one huge section - not a problem... I guess I've kinda gotten a bit blinkered, having been sat in front of CX-Programmer for the last seven and a half years or so. Regards anonymous