Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaybyrd1

ab software

9 posts in this topic

I bought a new notebook and I need to move the software from my old one to my new one. the old one has a floppy drive and the new one has only usb ports. also the company that I work for has misplaced the software cd and the key disk

If they are both networked, you can map the network drive on the old computer that has the activation file with the new computer and move from the old to the new with the move utility

If your software is currently under a support contract, do as advised above and contact AB. If it isn't you may have to purchase support, that way you can get the a new CD of the latest version, and a new activation disk.

Yeah, $700.00 for AB to support you...just for buying a new laptop.

EQUALS $$$$

You should pay for the support contract to be able to contiune to receive updates. The Master KEY can be retrived by running EVMOVE.exe and moving the key to a blank floppy. EVMOVE.exe can be found in the Rockwell Software folder. After you receive the CD's from AB and install RSLogix, find the EVMOVE.exe and move the Master Key from the blank floppy that you saved your key to. I hope this helps. swimmy67

I just reread the post. I found this on Rockwell Software Forum, Try this link; http://www.software.rockwell.com/forum/rsl...3&threadid=9992 there is a USB drive EVMOVE avaliable. swimmy67

It's funny that you guys are talking about this. I just got a copy of this USB EVMOVE last week from AB because I had an industrial pc running RS VIEW ME with no floppy that I needed to transfer the runtime license to the other day. I uploaded the EVMOVE USB here if you guys need it, I thought it was very handy. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?&act=Down...&CODE=02&id=490