Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Neo

FinsGateway

7 posts in this topic

Hi All Its Neo here, but working from home (Saturday 22.11 pm UK - I know its sad!) so I have to log on as guest. Small problem, I have installed FinsGateway, update 3.12 & update 3.20. However, I don't have the ETN_UNIT displayed in my services or the driver listed. Does anyone know where I can download it or how to fix this? Regards Neo

Neo, you should be able to log in from anywhere. Which OS ? Perhaps there was a problem during installation. From the FINS Gateway site you can download a FGW remover, which removes the software completely from the sytem. After this you could re-install it. You can also search the knowledge base. Just popped in my mind; at installation, a screen with some check boxes and protocols are listed. If you don't check the box, this protocol support is not installed. I believe FINS Ethernet is amongst them too. So re-run the installation (no need to remove first I think), and be sure to check the box for FINS Ethernet support.

FINS Gateway Trial Site Should find the ETN in the earlier version folder of this download.

Hi all Many thanks for your help guys. I have tried reinstalling FinsGateway from CX-Programmer 3.2 disk but there is no option for ethernet driver. I will try earlier verison of FinsGateway for driver. The problem at the weekend was that I had forgotten my password as my work PC is set to auto logon. Many Thanks Neo

Hi all Have looked at http://www.plcsoft.ne.jp webiste but can only updates which, as I understand only work on installed drivers & will not add for e.g. ETN_UNIT. Neo

Neo, sorry if I have mislead you with this but I was wrong about this. Just one of those things you think you remember... Have you tried the FGW2003 trial Jay suggested ? Will see if I can find a copy of FGW 3.20 and will try to install.

The reason that Neo does not have FGW ETN unit is that CX Server for CXP3.20 provides serial and Ethernet functions internally.