Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey431

Emulator to test some rung

6 posts in this topic

I wrote some rungs with RsLogix500 and I want to test these . I know someone on this forum mentioned about the built-in emulator but I can't find it. I also try to test it with the PanelBuilder32 but I don't know how to link that my RsLogix 500 program either. Anyhelp will be appreciated.Thank you.

The "built-in emulator" is an add-on package that must be purchased separately. It could be a nice convenience to have, but most people just download to hardware to test their logic I think. As for Panelbuilder.. I know of no "emulator" for panelbuilder (unless you consider RSView32 a "panelview emulator"!) so you'll have to download your program to an actual panelview and connect it to the host PLC to test the functionality. If you are just checking the appearance of the screens, panelbuilder is more-or-less WYSIWYG but nothing beats seeing it, touching it, on the real thing. (IMHO)

note that wworking with emulator is limited - you cannot make online edits (it's more like working with micrologix even if yo choose 505)

No emulator for the Panelbuilder32. In the new PanelviewPlus series, the RSView Studio ME will allow you to test your screens offline without having to d/l to the PV first.

that's correct, i was refering to RS Logix 500 Emulator

Ya, I know that. I was refering to the PV. One thing about the RSLogix500 Emulator is that you can change data table values and save the program. Still, I love to have the editing capabilities.