Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dpinegar

RS 500 Data Collection-imported to excel

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone has imported data to an excel spreadsheet before? I have multiple processors on a DH+ network and can see all of them on my office computer via rslinx(gatway). What I would like to do is have an excel spread sheet that I can see when a processor has alarm conditions. I already have alarms setup in each processor for VFD fault, Proximity switch fault, ect. but I have no formal way to view the status of the bits globaly. Instead of looking at each processor individually. I would also like to do some trending of the data for records but I think I would have to bring all of that data into a seperate processor first, then do some logic to count the frequency of the alarms and how long they happen, then import the values to a spreadsheet. But then I'm back to not knowing how to import the data... Thanks for any ideas or tips.

You can use DDE to read and write values to excel through RSLinx. Go to RSLinx and do a search on DDE. There are some program examples there Edited by TWControls

Always check the downloads sections. Chances are good there is an example. Here is an application I did. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downl...&CODE=02&id=134

You need RSLinx pro, gateway, OEM..etc. NOT RSLinx Lite. Then it's a piece of cake using the instructions in RSLinx help. Go to RSLinx help and search for "excel".