Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moggie

S7 200

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I need to connect S7 200 CPU 226 to PC for importing data into Excel?? Is there an easy way to do this? Sample program would be appreciated. Regards

You will need the programming cable, part number: 6ES79013BF210XA0 And then you'll need an OPC server package. Siemens sells one, or you can get one from another source that supports Siemens serial communication (PPI).

You can use MicroComputing it is Siemens software . It has a .ocx component and you can implement it in Vb or Excel Vb and use it to connetct PLC to Excel. But i'm not sure that Siemens sell MicroComputing yet. You must have and PC/PPI Siemens cable also.

The Siemens OPC server and stuff which used to go by MicroComputing is now S7-200 PC Access, which is actively available for sale.

Yes, indeed S7-200 PC Access is what used to be sold by MicroComputing. I am using it on a project to collect opacity data from a boiler via Ethernet to a CP243 on the S7-200. The only glitch, and it is a major one for me, is that if you are transferring the registers from the PLC to the PC (sampling) slower than 10 seconds between samples, PC Access doesn't recover if the Ethernet link goes down. The data quality gets set to "bad" as it should, but doesn't get reset to "good" when the link gets reestablished. If you sample quicker than 10 seconds, it works fine. I am in communication with Siemens Tech Support on this issue. Am using it with FasTrak Softworks' FTlogger (sample time 6 minutes) for regulatory opacity reporting. Otherwise, works fine.