Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric.Noe

Micrologix 1500 communication question.

5 posts in this topic

I have a US Filter water softener i just got hooked up and plumbed into our brewery, and i need to check the program on it / download a new one. It is controlled via a Micrologix 1500 PLC. I have a 1747-PIC for our 500 series PLC. Can this be "modified" in any way to use it as a com link to the 1500? If not, what cable / com device would i need to edit / upload a new program to the Micrologix? I have all of the software needed, RSLinx and RSLogix, just in need of the correct cable. Sorry if this is a "n00b" question, still learing this stuff. Thanks in advance. .eric

If you use LSP processor then use 1761-CBL-PM02, LRP processor you can use both 1761-CBL-PM-02 or 1746-CP3.If you are using RS232 comm then RSlinx setting for DF1 communication or AIC+ for DH-485. I hope this information will help.

The pic will work just fine, All you need to do is setup the proper driver in Rslinx...

No, the PIC will not work with the MicroLogix 1500, because it doesn't have an RJ-45 connector. Wsy_Nte had it right.

PIC is for DH485 network, it works on ML1500. RJ45 connector is for Ethernet not supported by ML1500. Edited by Sergei Troizky