Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Function Block Protection

10 posts in this topic

Is there a way whereby you can protect you defined function blocks ?

Hello Sleepy, Not as far as I know. The only sort of 'protection' that there is, is the checkbox (in FB Properties) which allows the body of the FB to be displayed or not. However, making FBs protected (I assume you mean offline) is a bit like attempting to protect your ladder code offline, which cannot be done - if it can be opened, it can be seen. Regards anonymous

... I am pretty sure you can protect you ladder offline, you can see the section headings but not open them. FB's cannot be protected though. Hope someone can help us Sleepy!! Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

The Original FB's that Omron supply are protected, you can copy them, and modify them under a different invocation, however the original code cannot be cahnged as far as i can tell. Also, Omron is noted as the author of the original FB, this info would be nice to be able to be added to your developed function blocks.

Hello Guys, Help is at hand... Password Protection of FBs (Prohibit Display or Set as Read Only) should be available in CX-Programmer v6.1. Can't help with the authorship details though... Stay Tuned Regards anonymous

any insider information on when that comes out or what we can expect to pay for the upgrade?

Hi, ... apparently CX-One version 1.1 is to be released in the not too distant future... along with some cool new (PLC hardware) toys... probably said too much?? Nibroc

Hope they fix up the comms. When using CX-Integrator you have to stop communications with CX-Programmer and vice versa. Found the online manuals for Integrator rather cryptic and not helpfull at times. Integrator is also not that intuative. Pretty good for a first version though. Wish they would send it back to Europe. Have not seen so much "Jinglish" in years. For example, programmer is on line and when one tries to connect with integrator some message about another process has the port. I would have thought both programs would have been able to communicate through CX-Server at the same time. After all that is what server is supposed to be all about.

Around September-ish, no idea about costs though... Regards anonymous

Shouldn't be a problem Bob - currently online to 2 PLCs (via 2 invocations of CX-Programmer - one of which was started as a CX-Integrator "Special Application"), as well as a remotely networked PLC via Integrator itself, all through COM1 using a Toolbus connection. Regards anonymous