Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

NT31C Download problem

12 posts in this topic

Jay, I am experiencing a similar problem to an old post NTST communication problems, NTST and NT620s wont speak I have tried the suggestion listed in the forum, but I still can not connect. I have been downloading into NT31C's for about 6 years, but it is only in recent times that I am having this problem. If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated. I believe I have tried all the simply things. eg. cable, port, etc.. ____________________________________________ Mark Hauth

If you want to rule out the problem is in the connecting computer I suggest trying with another one?

If you want to rule out the problem is in the connecting computer I suggest trying with another one? The PC I use previously worked. Have tried two other PC's one works one doesn't. I have spent a bit of time researching the problem, but the link listed above was the best I could find. It is just one of those things that bugs you, Just want to defeat it!

So this one PC works all the time every time like it should and with the other PC you're experiencing similar to the topic above? Bit confused now.. cause if that's the case you can draw the conclusion the problem is in the PC right ? But I probably understand you wrong because you could have figured that out yourself if it's like that.

Confusing.. I know Com port issues??? Com port still works with other applications! So I tried USB to serial convertor, No good. So I tried putting a serial card into a PCI slot to give me extra port, No good. Only seems to get sad when connected to NT31C. As I stated previously it used to connect. Now all I get is timeout errors. (Cables fine!) Note: I can still connect and download into CJ1G CPU's Edited by Hauthie

What is the exact text of the error? Does the NT31C show the timeout error or is this an error displayed by NTST? We need the following information: What is the system firmware version for the NT31C? (Displayed in the upper right hand corner of the system menu.) What is the software version of the NTST software? These answers will lead us to whether you have a combination of system firmware and software that exhibit a known bug when used with specific computers.

Text of error is "timeout error, do you want to retry" displayed by NTST. NT has no response Have tried both Ver 3.13 & 3.18 for Firmware NTST version is 4.7, but was doing the same thing with 4.6e

Sorry, you must have other issues than the one I was predicting.

I suggest you turn it in for checkup/repair at Omron.

Wht operating system is on the computers that work and those that do not work? If XP is causing a problem, turn off the firewall and try again.

PdL it is not just one screen, and as I mentioned you can download into them on the right PC. All PC's here run Win2K serv pack 4 excluding a couple which are XP. XP hasn't given me a problem Yet. Don't want to load XP. Why did it previously work under Win2K, and than just stop?

No idea I am afraid. I gave Win2K away a long time ago for XP and have no problems with it, as long as the firewall is turned off.