Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

PLC-2/16 UPLOAD USING AI SERIES

9 posts in this topic

Hi.. I have PLC-2/16 processor and I want to go online with processor and upload the application file. I have AI Series with 6.5 version. What kind of cable/interface that using to connect to processor? Thank you for advice. Gery-WSY

If you are connecting with a PC and no comm card installed on the PC, you need a 9399-L2103 smart serial cable. If you have laptop with a 1784-PCMK card installed, you need the 1784-PCM2 cable.

Or you could do it on-the-cheap by getting a 1784-KT and 1784-CP2 on ebay. Only drawback to this is you need an ISA slot for the card..

Just out of curiousity, would the AI series software know how to use the PCMK card? I don't recall the AI series software using RXlinx but my memory is/maybe blurred by time. Edited by jstolaruk

Thank you for reply. I used toshiba Tecra 8000 with serial ports and Win 98 operating system. If we used serial ports (db9 on Tecra 8000 to DB15 on PLC2 processor) how we get pin assignment of RS232? Any idea? Thank you. WSY

I don't think it's as simple as making your own cable; the 9399-L2103 smart serial cable had an active electronics pod on one end of it.

A.I. PLC-2 does support the PCMK/PCM2. I'm trying to remember if it has a "native driver" or if it can go through RSLinx.. It has been a while since I hooked up to a PLC-2!

There are a lot of good posts on this topic in the forum archives. The PLC-2 front port used current loop comms, the smart serial cable is an RS232 to current loop converter.